Wednesday 5 February 2014

Mini-button



Today's inspiration comes from artist and doodle embroiderer Aimee Ray.....

I think I first discovered Aimee's work on Pinterest when I was researching embroidery having just realised that contemporary embroidery existed and it wasn't all granny style stitching!   From there I bought one of her books, Doodle Stitching: Emboidery & Beyond, and now have a couple of others that feature her creations.   She has influenced my work for some time now and it was after getting her book that I produced the piece that won the competition for Kirsty Neale's prize!


Doodling is also becoming a popular art form and Aimee takes it to another level by transforming her doodles into embroidery:

So I thought Aimee would have to inspire one of my mini-mals - and here it is:



An embroidered button with tiny birds on it.

I have to admit that this has been the mini-mal that I have enjoyed making the most so far so maybe tiny embroidery will feature more this month.   Until tomorrow.... see you then!  x


No comments:

Post a Comment